Wigs and prosthesis
We are delighted to announce that our wig lending and breast accessory service returned on August 17, 2020. We know how valuable this program is in helping someone with cancer regain a sense of self and build resilience.
- To request hair or breast accessories or request or return a wig, please call our Cancer Information Helpline at 1-888-939-3333.
- An information specialist will discuss your wig requirements and preferences, do their best to find a match and arrange delivery. They can also help you return a wig.
- At this time, we cannot lend breast prostheses because they must be tried on in person to ensure the right fit. But we can help send out breast accessories, such as puffs. These do not need to be returned to us.
- All staff and volunteers have been trained in enhanced cleaning and hygiene to make sure wigs and breast accessories are delivered in their cleanest state.
- We have also worked with public health officials to make sure the delivery process meets current health and safety requirements and takes all necessary steps to prevent possible COVID-19 exposure.
Canadian Cancer Society’s Wig and Breast Prosthesis banks provide a wide range of donated wigs, headwear, permanent prostheses and bras to cancer patients throughout BC and Yukon who have undergone surgery and cannot afford the cost of a wig or prosthesis.
For more information, contact the Cancer Information Service 1-888-939-3333 from Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.