CCS adapting to COVID-19 realities to support Canadians during and after the pandemic
We are excited to share that our lodge is re-opening on Monday July 6, 2020. Lodge phone lines are now open, so please call to book your accommodation.
To protect the safety and well-being of clients, caregivers, volunteers and staff, we are:
- opening from Monday to Friday only (closed on weekends) until further notice
- installing plexiglass barriers in reception areas
- taking enhanced cleaning and hygiene measures
- screening everyone who enters and stays at the lodge for COVID-19 symptoms
- sharing resources and instructions with staff and clients on maintaining a high level of hygiene and reducing the risk of exposure to COVID-19
- encouraging clients to bring their own masks to the lodge
- conducting COVID-19 screening and wellness checks, including temperature checks, with all clients
- making sure each client has their own private room and bathroom or shares a room only with their caregiver
- ending buffet-style meals and instead serving individually wrapped meals and snacks
- continuing to suspend all lodge activities and support programs, including wig and breast prosthesis services and Volunteer Drivers Program, until further notice
The Susan K. Roberts - Lodge That Gives provides warm and welcoming accommodations to those who are medically required to travel to Halifax for cancer treatment. In 2017, the Lodge was a home to 806 residents for a total of 8,499 nights.
A home away from home
"The Lodge That Gives gave me so much more than a place to stay. It gave me peace of mind so I could focus on getting better." - Seretha MacIsaac, cancer fighter