To reach Air Daffodil by phone please call (9am- 5pm Eastern Time) 1-800-263-6750.
• Reside in Labrador.
• Have a scheduled cancer related appointment requiring air travel to anywhere that PAL or Innu Mikun Airlines fly.
• If required, an escort must fly with the patient receiving treatment, to and from the cancer related appointment, to be eligible for coverage.
• Patient must provide a confirmation letter that confirms cancer related appointment(s) to the Canadian Cancer Society, a minimum of 7 days prior to flight request.
Confirmation letter can be sent by:
- Fax: 1 866 263 6757
- Email: email@example.com
* PLEASE NOTE: Email is not a secure means of communication. If you are not comfortable with email, all communication will occur by phone and fax instead.
• The Air Daffodil assists those who live in Labrador and need to travel for a cancer related appointment under the Newfoundland and Labrador Medical Care Plan (MCP).
• The Canadian Cancer Society will provide three return flights, per patient, per year that may be split between the patient and an escort if required.
• 3 return flights per patient
• 1.5 flights for the patient and 1.5 flights for the escort
• 2 flights for the patient and 1 flight for the escort
Note: The escort is not eligible to receive more flights than the patient as the escort must be with the patient to receive the flight.
The Air Daffodil Program has been made possible by generous donations to assist people in Labrador travel to cancer related appointments.