CCS adapting to COVID-19 realities to support Canadians during and after the pandemic
When dealing with a cancer diagnosis or coping with treatment and recovery, patients and their families often worry about finances and benefits. There are lots of questions, such as:
- “What happens to my income?”
- “Where will my money come from?”
- “How long can I be off work?”
- “Will I be able to afford my treatments and any other associated costs?”
- “Can I travel or leave the province if I am receiving government assistance?”
- “Can I afford to take time off work to care for a loved one who has cancer?”
Below is information on programs and resources available to residents of Ontario. This information can help you determine your options, and guide you in the direction of where to get help. You may find help from one or more of the programs listed below.
Be sure to discuss your options with your healthcare provider(s), social worker, government representatives, financial advisor and insurance representative. These people have the expertise and knowledge to help you put the appropriate programs together to assist you best.