Did you know that smoking is responsible for an estimated 30% of all cancer deaths in Canada? It also causes about 72% of lung cancer cases.
The facts are clear. The more you smoke and the longer you smoke, the more you increase your risk of developing lung and other cancers. In fact, any smoking at all may cause lung damage.
But that doesn’t mean it’s too late to quit! No matter how old you are or how long you’ve been smoking, you can reduce your risk of cancer by quitting.
Cigarettes: the hard truth
- Top 6 reasons people say they smoke
- Smoking shortens lives
- 6 great benefits of quitting smoking (you’ll love number 2!)
- Amazing ways your body bounces back
- Every cigarette you smoke can take years off your life. (video)
- You won’t believe how many ingredients are in cigarette smoke
- Do you know how to live smoke-free? (quiz)
Quitting is possible
- Checklist: what to do before you quit
- Proven methods to help you quit
- What to do if you’re not ready to quit
- How to help a loved one quit smoking
- Joe successfully quit after 50 years (video)
- “If not now, when?” – Shelley’s quitting story (video)
- Quit calculator (tool)
What you need to know about second-hand smoke