Eating well begins with eating a variety of foods each day to get the nutrients you need for good health. Eating well isn’t about counting calories, although it’s still important to make sure that you’re not eating more than your body needs. It’s the overall pattern of eating that’s important.
The basics of eating well
Read more on simple ways you can eat well and reduce your risk of cancer by checking out these articles.
- What your dinner plate should look like
- Vegetables and fruit may help prevent cancer
- Fibre: the unsung hero of eating well
- How well do you know nutrition? (quiz)
Watch out: foods and ingredients to limit
Do you know which foods to limit? Read these articles to find out!
- Why you should limit red meat and avoid processed meat
- Too much salt may increase your risk of which type of cancer?
- The health costs of a sweet tooth
- The truth about fat
Eating well extras to consider
Read these articles for other questions you may have about your diet.
- Should I take a vitamin D supplement?
- What are antioxidants and phytochemicals – and why do we need them?
- Can coffee and tea protect against cancer?
- What are genetically modified foods (GMOs)?
- What you need to know about organic foods and vegetarian diets
Healthy habits for a lifetime of eating well
Read these tips and tricks to help you eat even better!
- Choose your portion sizes – no measuring cup needed!
- 4 ways to get more vegetables and fruit into your daily diet
- 6 ways to get more fibre into your diet
- 6 ways to reduce red and processed meat in a healthy diet
- 5 tips to eat less salt
- 6 tips to cut down on sugar
- 5 cooking habits that will reduce your cancer risk
- 12 eating habits you can change right now
- Help – I don’t have a lot of time! How can I eat well?
- 7 ways to cook once and eat twice
- How to encourage good food habits in your kids
- 13 ways to get more veggies and fruit into your kids
- A day in the life of eating well – family edition
- A day in the life of eating well – at work edition
- 6 tips for making healthy choices when eating out
- Eating well on a budget