Do the issues surrounding cancer prevention and the promotion of healthy lifestyles mean something to you? Make a difference and contribute by promoting an approach oriented toward action in the fight against cancer.
Is communication easy for you?
Why not be part of a team that provides information and documentation as part of the following three activities?
- The Quebec Breast Cancer Screening Program
- The 5/30 Health and Wellness Challenge
- Interactive presentations at companies on prevention
Commitment: Five to six hours per month based on the projects.
Trottibus (Walking School Bus)
You are active or wish to become so?
You like to walk and appreciate the company of children? As a Grand-trotteur, you can be a part of the TROTTIBUS team, a walking school bus that encourages elementary school children to walk to school following a pre-determined route. Commitment: 30 minutes in the morning, two to three times per week.
Skin cancer prevention: UV Photomaton and Sun Squads
Do you want to reach out to youths and help them learn better habits through concrete, stimulating and innovative projects?
Commitment: 3 to 6 hours as needed mainly between the months of March and August
*Several positions require you to undergo training offered by the Canadian Cancer Society
- Promotion & Volunteer Management Coordinator: help in the recruitment and management of UV intervention expert volunteers
- Administrative Support Coordinator: be responsible for data entry, reminders, and follow-ups or other administrative tasks
- Operations Support Coordinator: help the team on the ground with operational tasks related to the UV Photomaton
- Activity Leader, Sun Squad*: lead activities to teach the importance of sun protection to children aged from 6 to 12 mainly in day camps and primary schools
- Activity Leader, UV Photomaton*: lead the UV Photomaton activity and invite youths to participate
- Media Advisor: support regional press relations activities
- Deployment Coordinator*: help in recruitment and offer support to those who want to organize a UV Photomaton event
- UV Intervention Expert*: interpret the results of UV photos and provide personalized sun protection advice (must be from a healthcare background)