The Canadian Cancer Society is currently experiencing technical issues on our phone lines. If you are unable to reach us through our phone lines, please connect through ‘Live Chat’, and an agent will be more than happy to assist you.
Soft tissue sarcoma statistics
It can take several years to collect and confirm cancer data, so the number of new cancer cases and deaths from recent years may not be available for some time. The most recent data available are provided below.
Incidence and mortality
Incidence is the total number of new cases of cancer. Mortality is the number of deaths due to cancer.
The most recent incidence statistics for soft tissue sarcoma are from 2016:
- 1,025 Canadians were diagnosed with soft tissue sarcoma.
- 575 men were diagnosed with soft tissue sarcoma and 306 died from it.
- 445 women were diagnosed with soft tissue sarcoma and 349 died from it.
The most recent mortality statistics for soft tissue sarcoma are from 2017:
- 682 Canadians died from soft tissue sarcoma.
- 348 men died from soft tissue sarcoma.
- 334 women died from soft tissue sarcoma.
For more information about cancer statistics, go to Canadian Cancer Statistics.