CCS adapting to COVID-19 realities to support Canadians during and after the pandemic
It can take several years to collect and confirm cancer data, so the number of new cancer cases and deaths from recent years may not be available for some time. The most recent data available are provided below.
Incidence and mortality
Incidence is the total number of new cases of cancer. Mortality is the number of deaths due to cancer.
The most recent incidence statistics for mesothelioma are from 2016:
- 445 Canadians were diagnosed with mesothelioma.
- 375 men were diagnosed with mesothelioma.
- 70 women were diagnosed with mesothelioma.
The most recent mortality statistics for mesothelioma are from 2017:
- 490 Canadians died from mesothelioma.
- 401 men died from mesothelioma.
- 89 women died from mesothelioma.
For more information about cancer statistics, go to the Canadian Cancer Statistics publication.
How can you stop cancer before it starts?
Discover how 16 factors affect your cancer risk and how you can take action with our interactive tool – It’s My Life! Presented in partnership with Desjardins.