CCS adapting to COVID-19 realities to support Canadians during and after the pandemic
Who we are and what we do
The Canadian Cancer Society exists to unite and inspire all Canadians to take control of cancer.
In trusted partnership with donors and volunteers, we continuously improve impact through cancer research, advocacy and support services.
What we do
We set ourselves apart from other cancer charities by taking a comprehensive approach against cancer. We are also the only national charity that supports all Canadians living with all cancers across the country.
Here’s how we are doing more:
- We are the country’s largest national charitable funder of research into 100+ types of cancer.
- We educate people on how to reduce their risk of cancer and how some types of cancer can be found early.
- Our support services network helps people with cancer and their loved ones manage life with cancer, find community and connection, and build wellness and resilience.
- We are a trusted source of information about all types of cancer, with information offered by phone in 200 languages.
- We advocate to governments and shape health policies to save lives and make living with cancer easier
Taking action against all cancers
The latest Canadian Cancer Statistics report found that of all newly diagnosed cancers in 2017, half are expected to be lung, colorectal, breast and prostate cancers. Learn what you can do to reduce the burden of cancer.