CCS is actively monitoring and responding to the recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Canada regarding coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Is formaldehyde in your workplace?
If you work in certain industries, you may be exposed to formaldehyde. It’s most commonly found in:
- some textile manufacturing
- wood product manufacturing
- plastic and resin production
- funeral industry, medical and other healthcare services (formaldehyde is used as a preservative and embalming agent)
- fungicide spraying – formaldehyde is commonly used as an industrial fungicide (to control diseases caused by moulds) and as a disinfectant (to destroy microorganisms)