CCS adapting to COVID-19 realities to support Canadians during and after the pandemic
Is formaldehyde in your workplace?
If you work in certain industries, you may be exposed to formaldehyde. It’s most commonly found in:
- some textile manufacturing
- wood product manufacturing
- plastic and resin production
- funeral industry, medical and other healthcare services (formaldehyde is used as a preservative and embalming agent)
- fungicide spraying – formaldehyde is commonly used as an industrial fungicide (to control diseases caused by moulds) and as a disinfectant (to destroy microorganisms)