This GivingTuesday, drive innovation forward.
Be sun safe
No one is completely safe from the sun. In Canada, sunlight is strong enough to cause skin cancer, premature aging of the skin and harm to the eyes. Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer, and it’s also one of the most preventable.
Check out the articles below to learn why it’s so important to protect your skin and your eyes, plus tips on easy ways to do it.
Enjoy the sun safely
- UV rays increase your risk of skin cancer
- How many cancer cases are due to UV rays?
- The 6 best ways to be sun safe
- Sun safety tips for babies and children
- A closer look at UV rays
- How sun-savvy are you? (quiz)
- Sun safety facts
Spotlight on sun safety
- How to make your own shade at home
- What to wear to protect your skin from the sun
- Sunscreen 101 – quick tips on using sunscreen products
- Can the chemicals in sunscreen cause cancer?