Resources for coping with cancer during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In Newfoundland and Labrador, we’re proud of our province-wide SunSense campaign. This student-led health promotion program highlights the importance of sun safety throughout the province.
SunSense students focus on the 5 S’s of sun safety:
- Slip on UV-protective clothing.
- Slop on sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Slap on a wide-brimmed hat.
- Seek shade.
- Slide on UV-protective sunglasses.
SunSense students attend events across Newfoundland and share important sun safety information with many groups, including:
- daycare centres
- summer camps
- corporate offices
- outdoor workplaces, such as construction sites
SunSense students give more than 200 sun safety presentations over the summer.
To find out more or schedule a presentation, please contact:
Health Promotion Coordinator
Canadian Cancer Society – Newfoundland and Labrador
1-888-753-6520 ext 225