CCS adapting to COVID-19 realities to support Canadians during and after the pandemic
Ways to volunteer
The Canadian Cancer Society’s strongest asset is our dedicated volunteers. By offering the most meaningful opportunities for you to make the biggest difference as a volunteer, we’re having more impact, against more cancers, in more communities, than any other cancer charity.
To get the most out of your volunteer experience we encourage you to pursue your interests, challenge yourself by trying new activities and get connected with others. You can choose from volunteer opportunities in a variety of areas that can match your skills, interests and availability.
We offer a flexible range of ways to become involved, no matter how much time you have or the skills you are looking to share. Our volunteer opportunities include fundraising activities, health promotion, advocating for prevention, supporting people with cancer, office support and leadership roles.
Volunteering is an enriching experience in so many ways. When you become part of the Canadian Cancer Society team, you have an opportunity to:
• support a cause you truly believe in
• help Manitobans on a cancer journey
• share your knowledge and learn new skills
• meet new people, make new friends and develop professional contacts
• share both laughter and tears with others dedicated to fighting cancer
• feel the personal satisfaction of helping and making a real difference
The rewards are as unique and personal as your reasons for wanting to volunteer. Too busy? We can work with you to provide rewarding experiences, whatever your schedule. Think you don’t have any skills to offer? You’d be surprised. And, if you need training, we may be able to provide it.
These are just some of the ways you can join the Canadian Cancer Society's fight for life.
• organize and/or participate in a Relay For Life event
• share your story with others to raise awareness and motivate others to join the cancer fight
• help drive cancer patients to and from their treatments with our Transportation Service
• coordinate, sell or deliver daffodils during our annual Daffodil Days Campaign – a week long fundraiser held every spring.
• become a Door to Door Campaign Area Chair, Zone Leader, or Canvasser during our annual residential fundraising campaign in April
• help out at our Dragon Boat Festival
• Increasing awareness of healthy lifestyles in your community by using Canadian Cancer Society health promotion support materials and resources
• organize your own fundraising campaigns/events
• help out in our office or our distribution centre
If you are interested in becoming a part of our team, please complete an application form.