CCS adapting to COVID-19 realities to support Canadians during and after the pandemic
Ways to volunteer
The Canadian Cancer Society’s strongest asset is our dedicated volunteers. By offering the most meaningful opportunities for you to make the biggest difference as a volunteer, we’re having more impact, against more cancers, in more communities, than any other cancer charity.
To get the most out of your volunteer experience we encourage you to pursue your interests, challenge yourself by trying new activities and get connected with others. You can choose from volunteer opportunities in a variety of areas that can match your skills, interests and availability.
We offer a flexible range of ways to become involved, no matter how much time you have or the skills you are looking to share. Our volunteer opportunities include fundraising activities, health promotion, advocating for prevention, supporting people with cancer, office support and leadership roles.
- help organize or volunteer at one of our fundraising event
- raise money by organizing your own event
- drive patients to and from cancer-related appointments
- talk about the Canadian Cancer Society at community events
- promote healthy living and risk reduction messages at schools, in the workplace, and with community groups and cultural organizations through presentations and displays
- take calls and greeting visitors to our regional offices
- provide general clerical support such as data entry, filing, photocopying and posting mail
- process donations and prepare receipts
- serve as a member of a volunteer group such as our divisional Board of Directors, committees or advisory groups
To volunteer within Alberta and the Northwest Territories, please apply one of the following two ways:
How can you stop cancer before it starts?
Discover how 16 factors affect your cancer risk and how you can take action with our interactive tool – It’s My Life! Presented in partnership with Desjardins.