CCS is actively monitoring and responding to the recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Canada regarding coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Symptoms of thyroid cancer
Thyroid cancer may not cause any signs or symptoms in its early stages because the tumour is very small. Signs and symptoms may appear once the tumour grows bigger and presses on surrounding tissues and organs. Other health conditions can cause the same symptoms as thyroid cancer.
See your doctor if you have these signs or symptoms:
- a lump or swelling in the neck
- hoarseness or other voice changes
- difficulty swallowing or a sore throat that doesn’t go away
- difficulty breathing
- pain in the front of the neck
- a cough that doesn’t go away