CCS adapting to COVID-19 realities to support Canadians during and after the pandemic
Gallbladder cancer statistics
It can take several years to collect and confirm cancer data, so the number of new cancer cases and deaths from recent years may not be available for some time. The most recent data available are provided below.
Incidence and mortality
Incidence is the total number of new cases of cancer. Mortality is the number of deaths due to cancer.
The most recent incidence statistics for gallbladder cancer are from 2016:
- 365 Canadians were diagnosed with gallbladder cancer.
- 130 men were diagnosed with gallbladder cancer.
- 235 women were diagnosed with gallbladder cancer.
The most recent mortality statistics for gallbladder cancer are from 2017:
- 273 Canadians died from gallbladder cancer.
- 100 men died from gallbladder cancer.
- 173 women died from gallbladder cancer.
For more information about cancer statistics, go to the Canadian Cancer Statistics publication.
Together we can reduce the burden of cancer
Last year, we only had the resources available to fund 40% of high-priority research projects. Imagine the impact we could have if we were able to fund 100%.