CCS adapting to COVID-19 realities to support Canadians during and after the pandemic
Bone cancer statistics
It can take several years to collect and confirm cancer data, so the number of new cancer cases and deaths from recent years may not be available for some time. The most recent data available are provided below.
Incidence and mortality
Incidence is the total number of new cases of cancer. Mortality is the number of deaths due to cancer.
The most recent incidence statistics for bone cancer are from 2016:
- 240 Canadians were diagnosed with bone cancer.
- 145 men were diagnosed with bone cancer.
- 100 women were diagnosed with bone cancer.
The most recent mortality statistics for bone cancer are from 2017:
- 183 Canadians died from bone cancer.
- 108 men died from bone cancer.
- 75 women died from bone cancer.
For more information about cancer statistics, go to the Canadian Cancer Statistics publication.