|Featured recipe: Orzo stuffing with celery, cranberries and pecans
Source: Duda Farm Fresh Foods
Serving Size: 12 (1/2 cup) servings
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1-1/2 cups diced celery
- 1-1/2 cups orzo pasta, cooked in chicken broth, drained
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup sliced, toasted pecans or almonds
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
Substitution: Chopped fresh thyme or rosemary may be substituted for the basil.
- Melt butter with olive oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook 4 minutes or until onions are translucent and golden brown.
- Add celery; cook 4 more minutes.
- Combine orzo, celery mixture, cranberries, pecans, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in medium bowl; toss gently to combine.