The Canadian Cancer Society offers low-income individuals living with cancer an annual travel and rehabilitation (material for temporary ostomies, special mastectomy bras, lymphedema treatments, and material for incontinence) allowance.
The Canadian Cancer Society (CCS), a not-for-profit charitable organization, OFFERS financial assistance to LOW-INCOME individuals with cancer. The beneficiaries of the SOCIAL ASSISTANCE program (known now as “Last-resort financial assistance” or “financial assistance – Youth Solidarity”) are not eligible for any allowance to cover transportation costs because a similar financial assistance program is already available to them. In addition, to be eligible for the travel allowance, you must receive at least ten cancer treatments per year and your treatment centre must be located less than 200 km from your home (a government financial assistance program for transportation exists for those who live more than 200 km from their treatment centre). Only one travel or rehabilitation allowance is granted per year, based on on the date on which the allowance was granted. The annual allowance amount is subject to change without notice. The allowance is granted only to the person living with cancer and CCS cannot in any case issue the check to a third party.
- A family unit *consisting of a single person whose gross annual income is less than $24,328.
- A family unit * consisting of two (2) people whose gross annual income is less than $30,286.
- A family unit * consisting of three (3) people whose gross annual income is less than $37,234.
- A family unit * consisting of four (4) people whose gross annual income is less than $45,206.
- A family unit * consisting of five (5) people whose gross annual income is less than $51,272.
- A family unit * consisting of six (6) people whose gross annual income is less than $57,826.
- A family unit * consisting of seven (7) or more people whose gross annual income is less than $64,381.
*Family unit: Any individual who permanently resides at the same street address as the applicant is considered part of the family unit.
- Travel Allowance 1 to 10 km: $135
- Travel Allowance 11 to 20 km: $220
- Travel Allowance 21 to 30 km: $325
- Travel Allowance 31 to 50 km: $380
- Travel Allowance 51 to 70 km: $435
- Travel Allowance 71 to 200 km: $490
- Material for temporary ostomies: $550
- Lymphodema treatments: $300
- Materials for incontinence: $200
- Special mastectomy bra: $110
Financial assistance in 2016
You must have the Financial Assistance Request
form filled out by a health care professional and send it by post, fax, or e-mail to the to the attention of the person in charge of financial assistance at the Canadian Cancer Society’s divisional office at:
Canadian Cancer Society
5151 de l’Assomption Blvd.
Montreal, Quebec H1T 4A9
Phone number : 514 255-5151
Fax number : 514 255-2808
Courriel : email@example.com
For more information
If you have any questions about applying for financial assistance, contact us by e-mail or call 514 255-5151.