Help us improve our site.
The Canadian Cancer Society provides limited, short-term financial assistance to cover a portion of clients’ cancer-related transportation and accommodation expenses. In addition, through our partnership with the BC Cancer Agency, we can assist clients with a portion of the cost of selected prescription medications that manage symptoms related to cancer treatment.
Applications are assessed based on factors such as income and distance to treatment. To apply for the Travel Treatment Fund and/or the Financial Support Drug Program, you must provide the following:
- confirmation of active cancer treatment at a recognized cancer treatment facility
- income documentation
- BC Personal Health Number
- Fair Pharmacare number (if applying for help with drug costs)
To apply, please download and fill out the forms below. Details on how/where to submit is included on page 1 of the application.
- Application: Travel Treatment Fund, Financial Support Drug Program
- Confirmation of Active Cancer Treatment Form
- Information about the Financial Support Drug Program
- Example of Required Income Documentation
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form
Clients with coverage for travel and accommodations for medical appointments through the following programs are not eligible for the Travel Treatment Fund:
- BC Employment and Assistance (i.e., Social Assistance) Tel:1-866-866-0800
- BC Assistance for Persons With Disabilities (i.e., PWD) Tel: 1-866-866-0800
- Veterans Affairs Canada Tel: 1-866-522-2122
- Extended health benefits/disability insurance: contact information specific to each plan
- First Nations and Inuit Health (i.e., Non-Insured Health Benefits) Tel: 1-800-317-7878.
Advocating for cancer patients
Our staff and volunteers meet with elected officials from local, provincial and national governments to persuade them to make the fight against cancer one of their top priorities.