Be prepared for anything. Put together a waterproof bag that you can grab easily. It should include:
- your provincial health card number
- name, phone number and fax number of all the doctors who are treating you
- type of cancer and stage of cancer, if you know it
- type of treatment you are receiving (for example, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, hormonal therapy)
- medical records, including pathology reports, lab reports, imaging results, etc.
- pill bottles – so you have the exact names of the medicines you take. Or take photos or photocopies of the pharmacy receipts that show the names, doses, etc.
You might also want to save this information to the Cloud, your phone or tablet, or a USB drive.