Employer Supported Volunteering
Let the Canadian Cancer Society be part of your strategy for Corporate Social Responsibility.
Companies that have more engaged employees find:
- profitability is 16% higher
- general productivity is 18% higher
- customer loyalty is 12% higher
Four out of five employed people who volunteer report that they feel better about their employer because of their employer's support of volunteer activities.
Volunteering with the Society provides employees with the chance to make a positive impact in our community, the reward of knowing that their efforts help support, inform and empower those touched by cancer and meaningful opportunities for individuals or to build teams through group volunteering.
Aligning your volunteer program with the Society will use your employees' skills in new and rewarding ways, build stronger relationships amongst colleagues and renew a sense of social commitment and increased job satisfaction.
We provide your employees with volunteer opportunities as a:
- Group: Our goal is to work closely with you to coordinate a volunteer experience that matches your group's needs. We offer our corporate partners opportunities to volunteer as a group in supporting one of our signature events or community campaigns, or assisting our staff and volunteers at our local community offices on a variety of activities or projects. To learn more, please contact Anika.
- Individual: Employees can make individual contributions as a volunteer while being supported through the company. Individual opportunities during business hours include project based work where expertise can be applied, event planning, campaign support, advocacy support, or office support.
- Customizable: While the Society has a number of pre-determined placements for volunteer involvement, we recognize that some have a desire to contribute specific skills or expertise. If your team is interested in contributing in a customized way, our Volunteer Engagement staff are here to help connect you to individual or group opportunities that are well suited. Contact us today and explore the possibilities.
Together we can make an impact in our communities in the fight against cancer. Join us now and contact us for more information.
This research saved my life and my sister’s life. Without it, stomach cancer would have wiped out most of our family.
Investing to reduce cancer burden
Last year CCS funded $40 million in cancer research, thanks to our donors. Discover how you can help reduce the burden of cancer.