Ways to volunteer
The Canadian Cancer Society’s strongest asset is our dedicated volunteers. By offering the most meaningful opportunities for you to make the biggest difference as a volunteer, we’re having more impact, against more cancers, in more communities, than any other cancer charity.
To get the most out of your volunteer experience we encourage you to pursue your interests, challenge yourself by trying new activities and get connected with others. You can choose from volunteer opportunities in a variety of areas that can match your skills, interests and availability.
We offer a flexible range of ways to become involved, no matter how much time you have or the skills you are looking to share. Our volunteer opportunities include fundraising activities, health promotion, advocating for prevention, supporting people with cancer, office support and leadership roles.
• driving people receiving cancer treatment to and from their appointments
Emotional support programs
• one-to-one support and support groups
• fitting clients with wigs, turbans, breast forms, etc.
• Organize educational seminars and activities
• Presentations with the education program
• Information booths
Relay For Life
• outlet sales
• community champions
• organized walks, evening recreation
• functions, monthly birthday party, games, etc.
• evening entertainer
• data entry
• organizing materials
Become a volunteer.
Call the Canadian Cancer Society at 709-753-6520 or toll-free at 1-888-753-6520.
Complete a printable Volunteer Information Form (PDF) or an Online Volunteer Information Form.