The Society is committed to protecting Canadians from the harms of indoor tanning.
- People under the age of 18 must not be allowed by law to use indoor tanning equipment.
- Indoor tanning advertising aimed at people under the age of 18 must be banned.
- Indoor tanning regulations must require UV-emitting devices to be registered, staff to be licensed, and equipment and premises to be inspected regularly.
- UV-emitting devices must be labelled in a way that clearly explains the health risks.
- The indoor tanning industry must stop using misleading phrases such as safe, no harmful rays, no adverse effects or similar wording.