Relay For Life
Picture yourself walking a track while hundreds of people – family, friends, co-workers and neighbours – cheer you on. The baton you hold in your hand is a powerful symbol of your personal commitment to make an impact in the fight against cancer. As you complete your lap and pass the baton to a teammate, you feel an overwhelming sense of pride in knowing you’re united with Canadians in communities across the country to create a world where no one fears cancer.
Relay For Life is a community fundraising event where Canadians across the country join together in the fight against cancer. In 2014, nearly 400 Relays took place across Canada. Accept the baton. Register today!
Each community Relay is unique. Relay events are either 6 or 12 hours long and can be scheduled for any time of the day or night. Most Relays take place in the spring and summer. Search for your event to find out more.
Relay participants walk or run together around a track or path at a local school, park or fairground, passing a baton to their fellow participants and working together toward one common goal the fight against cancer.
Register for Relay today
Staying up all night never felt so good. Join us!
- As a team captain, you can take a leadership role to unite friends, family and co-workers and mobilize a powerful team of cancer fighters.
- As a participant, you can join or create a team, unite in the fight and celebrate life! You and your team can put the fun in fundraising and come together to enjoy music, food, activities and entertainment in the decorated tent city.
- As a survivor, you can celebrate your own victory against cancer while sharing in a remarkable experience that brings strength and courage to all those who have been touched by the disease.
- As a volunteer, you can give a little time and make a big difference. Our generous volunteers are the heart of Relay. By donating your time, you will be part of a global movement and a local party!
A little light brings a lot of inspiration!
A little light brings a lot of inspiration!
Experience the emotional power of Relay For Life. Participate in the Luminary Ceremony – decorate a special bag and light the candle inside to honour a cancer survivor or to pay tribute to a loved one lost to cancer. Luminaries are lit during a moving twilight ceremony and provide light and inspiration to participants all night.
Buy a luminary today
Join the Survivors’ Victory Lap
Cancer survivors – whether or not they are able to fully participate on a team – are invited to walk in the inspirational first lap of Relay For Life – the Survivors’ Victory Lap. Surrounded by an emotional wave of support, survivors celebrate success in their battle with cancer and provide inspiration to those still facing the disease. The Survivors’ Victory Lap also provides an opportunity for survivors to thank those who helped them through their battle and be part of a caring community of people who have all faced a cancer diagnosis.
Each year, more than 36,000 cancer survivors across the country join the Survivors’ Victory Lap and give inspiration to everyone who has been touched by this disease. Their moving stories of courage and strength are the reason why we Relay and continue to fight back against cancer.
Register as a survivor to join the celebration.
Become a Relay For Life corporate supporter
Join a global movement to save lives by becoming a Relay For Life corporate supporter.
- Sponsor Relay For Life in your community and engage employees by building your own company team.
- Make a cash donation to help reduce the cost of organizing these events in local communities. The Canadian Cancer Society will ensure that your contribution is appropriately recognized through a variety of channels.
- Donate essential products or services as a valued way to show your support of Relay For Life. You can enhance the reputation of your business and help organizers reduce logistical costs.
- Encourage your staff to volunteer or register a team. There are many available opportunities for volunteers and event participants including captaining a team, joining a local planning committee or lending a hand on event day. This is a great way to do valuable networking and learn or improve leadership and event-planning skills.
To learn more about corporate support opportunities at Relay For Life in your area, contact your local Canadian Cancer Society office.
Become a Relay For Life National Caring Company