Relay For Life
Join us at Relay For Life. Together we work toward a future where no Canadian fears cancer.
Relay For Life is an inspirational, non-competitive, 12-hour overnight fundraising event that brings you and your community together to celebrate life, honour and remember loved ones and unite in the fight for life. Relay For Life has a festival-like atmosphere that your family, friends and co-workers can enjoy – regardless of age or fitness level!
Teams of 10–15 people fundraise individually and as a team to help the Canadian Cancer Society save lives and support those who are facing cancer. Relay participants make a commitment to raise at least $100 and are supported with the tools to reach their goals.
At Relay, teams gather with cancer survivors at their local track, stadium or sports field and take turns walking laps for 12 hours. Each team keeps at least one member on the track at all times, while all around them the party is in full swing. Teams stay overnight in the decorated tent city, united to enjoy music, food, activities and entertainment – and to celebrate life.
Take action and get involved in Relay For Life right now.
Register for Relay today
Staying up all night never felt so good. Join us!
- As a team captain, you can take a leadership role to unite friends, family and co-workers and mobilize a powerful team of cancer fighters.
- As a participant, you can join or create a team, unite in the fight and celebrate life! You and your team can put the fun in fundraising and come together to enjoy music, food, activities and entertainment in the decorated tent city.
- As a survivor, you can celebrate your own victory against cancer while sharing in a remarkable experience that brings strength and courage to all those who have been touched by the disease.
- As a volunteer, you can give a little time and make a big difference. Our generous volunteers are the heart of Relay. By donating your time, you will be part of a global movement and a local party!
A little light brings a lot of inspiration!
A little light brings a lot of inspiration!
Experience the emotional power of Relay For Life. Participate in the Luminary Ceremony – decorate a special bag and light the candle inside to honour a cancer survivor or to pay tribute to a loved one lost to cancer. Luminaries are lit during a moving twilight ceremony and provide light and inspiration to participants all night.
Buy a luminary today
Join the Survivors’ Victory Lap
Cancer survivors – whether or not they are able to fully participate on a team – are invited to walk in the inspirational first lap of Relay For Life – the Survivors’ Victory Lap. Surrounded by an emotional wave of support, survivors celebrate success in their battle with cancer and provide inspiration to those still facing the disease. The Survivors’ Victory Lap also provides an opportunity for survivors to thank those who helped them through their battle and be part of a caring community of people who have all faced a cancer diagnosis.
Each year, more than 36,000 cancer survivors across the country join the Survivors’ Victory Lap and give inspiration to everyone who has been touched by this disease. Their moving stories of courage and strength are the reason why we Relay and continue to fight back against cancer.
Register as a survivor to join the celebration.
Become a Relay For Life corporate supporter
Join a global movement to save lives by becoming a Relay For Life corporate supporter.
- Sponsor Relay For Life in your community and engage employees by building your own company team.
- Make a cash donation to help reduce the cost of organizing these events in local communities. The Canadian Cancer Society will ensure that your contribution is appropriately recognized through a variety of channels.
- Donate essential products or services as a valued way to show your support of Relay For Life. You can enhance the reputation of your business and help organizers reduce logistical costs.
- Encourage your staff to volunteer or register a team. There are many available opportunities for volunteers and event participants including captaining a team, joining a local planning committee or lending a hand on event day. This is a great way to do valuable networking and learn or improve leadership and event-planning skills.
To learn more about corporate support opportunities at Relay For Life in your area, contact your local Canadian Cancer Society office.
Become a Relay For Life National Caring Company