SUPPORT CANADIANS LIVING WITH CANCER
Symptoms of Wilms tumour
Wilms tumour may not cause any signs or symptoms in its early stages. The kidneys are deep in the body and do not have very many nerves, so these tumours may grow without causing pain or discomfort. Symptoms appear once the tumour grows into surrounding tissues and organs.Other health conditions can cause the same symptoms as Wilms tumour.
Symptoms of Wilms tumours include:
- a painless lump in or swelling of the abdomen
- pain in the abdomen
- blood in the urine, which is called hematuria
- high blood pressure
- upset stomach
- weight loss
- loss of appetite
- veins across the abdomen that appear larger than normal, or distended
- feeling generally unwell or weak
- shortness of breath (if cancer has spread to the lungs)
Research at the Canadian Centre for Applied Research in Cancer Control led to a new standard in leukemia testing.
How can you stop cancer before it starts?
Discover how your lifestyle choices can affect cancer risk and how you can take action with our interactive tool – It’s My Life!