Symptoms of thyroid cancer
Thyroid cancer may not cause any signs or symptoms in its early stages because the tumour is very small. Signs and symptoms may appear once the tumour grows bigger and presses on surrounding tissues and organs. Other health conditions can cause the same symptoms as thyroid cancer.
See your doctor if you have these signs or symptoms:
- a lump or swelling in the neck
- hoarseness or other voice changes
- difficulty swallowing or a sore throat that doesn’t go away
- difficulty breathing
- pain in the front of the neck
- a cough that doesn’t go away
Within about 12 hours of being at Camp Goodtime, everything started to change, and that week was cathartic, transformative. It was the first time I got to know myself.
How can you stop cancer before it starts?
Discover how your lifestyle choices can affect cancer risk and how you can take action with our interactive tool – It’s My Life!