Symptoms of thyroid cancer
Thyroid cancer may not cause any signs or symptoms in its early stages because the tumour is very small. Signs and symptoms may appear once the tumour grows bigger and presses on surrounding tissues and organs. Other health conditions can cause the same symptoms as thyroid cancer.
See your doctor if you have these signs or symptoms:
- a lump or swelling in the neck
- hoarseness or other voice changes
- difficulty swallowing or a sore throat that doesn’t go away
- difficulty breathing
- pain in the front of the neck
- a cough that doesn’t go away
Celebrating cancer survivors at Relay For Life
For cancer survivors, the Canadian Cancer Society provides a unique opportunity to celebrate their courage in the fight against cancer. During hundreds of Relay For Life events across the country, thousands of survivors join together for the Survivors’ Victory Lap.