Symptoms of thyroid cancer
Thyroid cancer may not cause any signs or symptoms in its early stages because the tumour is very small. Signs and symptoms may appear once the tumour grows bigger and presses on surrounding tissues and organs. Other health conditions can cause the same symptoms as thyroid cancer.
See your doctor if you have these signs or symptoms:
- a lump or swelling in the neck
- hoarseness or other voice changes
- difficulty swallowing or a sore throat that doesn’t go away
- difficulty breathing
- pain in the front of the neck
- a cough that doesn’t go away
I feel honoured that I was a part of these people’s lives … honoured to have been there for them, to have listened and offered hope that it will be okay.
Access to services in your community
The Canadian Cancer Society’s Community Services Locator helps cancer patients and their families find the services and programs they need in their community.