Help save lives this holiday season
Soft tissue sarcoma statistics
It can take several years to collect and confirm cancer data, so the number of new cancer cases and deaths from recent years may not be available for some time. The most recent data available are provided below.
Incidence and mortality
Incidence is the total number of new cases of cancer. Mortality is the number of deaths due to cancer.
The most recent incidence statistics for soft tissue sarcoma are from 2010:
- 1,165 Canadians were diagnosed with soft tissue sarcoma.
- 655 men were diagnosed with soft tissue sarcoma.
- 510 women were diagnosed with soft tissue sarcoma.
The most recent mortality statistics for soft tissue sarcoma are from 2012:
- 528 Canadians died from soft tissue sarcoma.
- 293 men died from soft tissue sarcoma.
- 235 women died from soft tissue sarcoma.
For more information about cancer statistics, go to the Canadian Cancer Statistics publication.
After seeing a Canadian Cancer Society call for volunteers in a newspaper, Rosemary knew that this was her opportunity to get started.
Advocating for cancer patients
Our staff and volunteers meet with elected officials from local, provincial and national governments to persuade them to make the fight against cancer one of their top priorities.