VOLUNTEERS ARE URGENTLY NEEDED IN APRIL
Salivary gland cancer statistics
It can take several years to collect and confirm cancer data, so the number of new cancer cases and deaths from recent years may not be available for some time. The most recent data available are provided below.
Incidence and mortality
Incidence is the total number of new cases of cancer. Mortality is the number of deaths due to cancer.
The most recent incidence statistics for salivary gland cancer are from 2010:
- 460 Canadians were diagnosed with salivary gland cancer.
- 260 men were diagnosed with salivary gland cancer.
- 195 women were diagnosed with salivary gland cancer.
The most recent mortality statistics for salivary gland cancer are from 2012:
- 102 Canadians died from salivary gland cancer.
- 69 men died from salivary gland cancer.
- 33 women died from salivary gland cancer.
For more information about cancer statistics, go to the Canadian Cancer Statistics publication.
Celebrating cancer survivors at Relay For Life
For cancer survivors, the Canadian Cancer Society provides a unique opportunity to celebrate their courage in the fight against cancer. During hundreds of Relay For Life events across the country, thousands of survivors join together for the Survivors’ Victory Lap.