Salivary gland cancer statistics
It can take several years to collect and confirm cancer data, so the number of new cancer cases and deaths from recent years may not be available for some time. The most recent data available are provided below.
Incidence and mortality
Incidence is the total number of new cases of cancer. Mortality is the number of deaths due to cancer.
The most recent incidence statistics for salivary gland cancer are from 2016:
- 430 Canadians were diagnosed with salivary gland cancer.
- 265 men were diagnosed with salivary gland cancer.
- 165 women were diagnosed with salivary gland cancer.
The most recent mortality statistics for salivary gland cancer are from 2017:
- 140 Canadians died from salivary gland cancer.
- 92 men died from salivary gland cancer.
- 48 women died from salivary gland cancer.
For more information about cancer statistics, go to the Canadian Cancer Statistics publication.
It was very important that the fundraiser be in honour of my uncle, because it’s a great way to show our support for him.
How can you stop cancer before it starts?
Discover how 16 factors affect your cancer risk and how you can take action with our interactive tool – It’s My Life! Presented in partnership with Desjardins.