Help save lives this holiday season
Salivary gland cancer statistics
It can take several years to collect and confirm cancer data, so the number of new cancer cases and deaths from recent years may not be available for some time. The most recent data available are provided below.
Incidence and mortality
Incidence is the total number of new cases of cancer. Mortality is the number of deaths due to cancer.
The most recent incidence statistics for salivary gland cancer are from 2010:
- 460 Canadians were diagnosed with salivary gland cancer.
- 260 men were diagnosed with salivary gland cancer.
- 195 women were diagnosed with salivary gland cancer.
The most recent mortality statistics for salivary gland cancer are from 2012:
- 102 Canadians died from salivary gland cancer.
- 69 men died from salivary gland cancer.
- 33 women died from salivary gland cancer.
For more information about cancer statistics, go to the Canadian Cancer Statistics publication.
It has been easy to support the Canadian Cancer Society. Each one of us has been personally touched in some manner by cancer.
Establishing a national caregivers strategy
The Canadian Cancer Society is actively lobbying the federal government to establish a national caregivers strategy to ensure there is more financial support for this important group of people.