Help save lives this holiday season
Treatment of stage II penile cancer
The following are treatment options for stage II penile cancer. The types of treatments given are based on the unique needs of the person with cancer.
Surgery is the primary treatment for stage II penile cancer. The types of surgery are:
- partial or total penectomy, with or without removal of lymph nodes
- laser surgerylaser surgeryA surgical technique that uses a laser (an intense beam of light) to make bloodless cuts in tissue.
- Laser surgery may be offered as part of a clinical trial.
Radiation therapy may be offered for stage II penile cancer. The types of radiation therapy are:
- external beam radiation therapy
Radiation therapy may be given:
- instead of surgery
- after surgery (adjuvantadjuvantTreatment given in addition to the first-line therapy (the first or standard treatment) to help reduce the risk of a disease (such as cancer) coming back (recurring). radiation therapy)
Men with penile cancer may be offered the opportunity to participate in clinical trials. For more information, go to clinical trials.
We all need our own personal support system, but no matter how good your own personal support system is, it’s not the same as connecting with other survivors.
Celebrating cancer survivors at Relay For Life
For cancer survivors, the Canadian Cancer Society provides a unique opportunity to celebrate their courage in the fight against cancer. During hundreds of Relay For Life events across the country, thousands of survivors join together for the Survivors’ Victory Lap.