60% of high-priority research goes unfunded.
Treatment of stage II penile cancer
The following are treatment options for stage II penile cancer. The types of treatments given are based on the unique needs of the person with cancer.
Surgery is the primary treatment for stage II penile cancer. The types of surgery are:
- partial or total penectomy, with or without removal of lymph nodes
- laser surgerylaser surgeryA surgical technique that uses a laser (an intense beam of light) to make bloodless cuts in tissue.
- Laser surgery may be offered as part of a clinical trial.
Radiation therapy may be offered for stage II penile cancer. The types of radiation therapy are:
- external beam radiation therapy
Radiation therapy may be given:
- instead of surgery
- after surgery (adjuvantadjuvantTreatment given in addition to the first-line therapy (the first or standard treatment) to help reduce the risk of a disease (such as cancer) coming back (recurring). radiation therapy)
Men with penile cancer may be offered the opportunity to participate in clinical trials. For more information, go to clinical trials.
Within about 12 hours of being at Camp Goodtime, everything started to change, and that week was cathartic, transformative. It was the first time I got to know myself.
What’s the lifetime risk of getting cancer?
The latest Canadian Cancer Statistics report shows about half of Canadians are expected to be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime.