Together, we are stronger.
Treatment of stage I penile cancer
The following are treatment options for stage I penile cancer. The types of treatments given are based on the unique needs of the person with cancer.
Surgery is the primary treatment for stage I penile cancer. The types of surgery are:
- wide local excision
- The tumour is removed along with a margin of normal tissue around it.
- Mohs surgery
- partial or total penectomy, with or without lymph node removal
- laser surgerylaser surgeryA surgical technique that uses a laser (an intense beam of light) to make bloodless cuts in tissue.
- Laser surgery may be offered as part of a clinical trial.
Radiation therapy may be offered for stage I penile cancer in men who do not wish to have surgery. The types of radiation therapy are:
- external beam radiation therapy
Men with penile cancer may be offered the opportunity to participate in clinical trials. For more information, go to clinical trials.
She knew that indoor tanning could pose serious health risks and this motivated her to push for a tan-free prom at her school.
Advocating for cancer patients
Our staff and volunteers meet with elected officials from local, provincial and national governments to persuade them to make the fight against cancer one of their top priorities.