Help save lives this holiday season
Symptoms of pancreatic cancer
Pancreatic cancer may not cause any signs or symptoms in its early stages. Symptoms often appear once the tumour grows into surrounding tissues and organs. Other health conditions can cause the same symptoms as pancreatic cancer. See your doctor if you have these symptoms.
- jaundicejaundiceA condition in which the skin and whites of the eyes become yellow and urine is dark yellow.
- pain in the upper abdomen or upper back that comes and goes or is constant, gradually gets worse or is worse when you lie flat (so it may be more severe at night)
- unexplained weight loss
- loss of appetite
- feeling full after a small meal
- fatty stools (called steatorrhea) that are pale-coloured, bulky and float in the toilet
- diarrhea or constipation
- diabetes, or high blood sugar
- dark urine
- fever and shivering
- swelling of the legs