It can take several years to collect and confirm cancer data, so the number of new cancer cases and deaths from recent years may not be available for some time. The most recent data available are provided below.
Incidence and mortality
Incidence is the total number of new cases of cancer. Mortality is the number of deaths due to cancer.
The most recent incidence statistics for mesothelioma are from 2010:
- 520 Canadians were diagnosed with mesothelioma.
- 425 men were diagnosed with mesothelioma.
- 95 women were diagnosed with mesothelioma.
The most recent mortality statistics for mesothelioma are from 2012:
- 467 Canadians died from mesothelioma.
- 395 men died from mesothelioma.
- 72 women died from mesothelioma.
For more information about cancer statistics, go to the Canadian Cancer Statistics publication.
I couldn’t have asked for better care than they gave me. They were a blessing. I couldn’t manage on my own
Clinical trial discovery improves quality of life
A clinical trial led by the Society’s NCIC Clinical Trials group found that men with prostate cancer who are treated with intermittent courses of hormone therapy live as long as those receiving continuous therapy.