Help save lives this holiday season
It can take several years to collect and confirm cancer data, so the number of new cancer cases and deaths from recent years may not be available for some time. The most recent data available are provided below.
Incidence and mortality
Incidence is the total number of new cases of cancer. Mortality is the number of deaths due to cancer.
The most recent incidence statistics for mesothelioma are from 2010:
- 520 Canadians were diagnosed with mesothelioma.
- 425 men were diagnosed with mesothelioma.
- 95 women were diagnosed with mesothelioma.
The most recent mortality statistics for mesothelioma are from 2012:
- 467 Canadians died from mesothelioma.
- 395 men died from mesothelioma.
- 72 women died from mesothelioma.
For more information about cancer statistics, go to the Canadian Cancer Statistics publication.
Access to services in your community
The Canadian Cancer Society’s Community Services Locator helps cancer patients and their families find the services and programs they need in their community.