VOLUNTEERS ARE URGENTLY NEEDED IN APRIL
Gallbladder cancer statistics
It can take several years to collect and confirm cancer data, so the number of new cancer cases and deaths from recent years may not be available for some time. The most recent data available are provided below.
Incidence and mortality
Incidence is the total number of new cases of cancer. Mortality is the number of deaths due to cancer.
The most recent incidence statistics for gallbladder cancer are from 2010:
- 510 Canadians were diagnosed with gallbladder cancer.
- 170 men were diagnosed with gallbladder cancer.
- 340 women were diagnosed with gallbladder cancer.
The most recent mortality statistics for gallbladder cancer are from 2012:
- 252 Canadians died from gallbladder cancer.
- 98 men died from gallbladder cancer.
- 154 women died from gallbladder cancer.
For more information about cancer statistics, go to the Canadian Cancer Statistics publication.
It is funny how one of the darkest times in your life can be one of the best times in your life, and it was all because of Daffodil Place.
Facing the financial burden of cancer
The Canadian Cancer Society provides helpful information about government income programs, financial resources and other resources available to families struggling to make sense of the personal financial burden they face.