Eye cancer statistics
It can take several years to collect and confirm cancer data, so the number of new cancer cases and deaths from recent years may not be available for some time. The most recent data available are provided below.
Incidence and mortality
Incidence is the total number of new cases of cancer. Mortality is the number of deaths due to cancer.
The most recent incidence statistics for eye cancer are from 2010:
- 370 Canadians were diagnosed with eye cancer.
- 185 men were diagnosed with eye cancer.
- 185 women were diagnosed with eye cancer.
The most recent mortality statistics for eye cancer are from 2012:
- 54 Canadians died from eye cancer.
- 30 men died from eye cancer.
- 24 women died from eye cancer.
For more information about cancer statistics, go to the Canadian Cancer Statistics publication.