Help save lives this holiday season
The conjunctiva is the mucous membrane on the surface of the eyeball and the inside surface of the eyelid. The 3 main types of conjunctival tumours are:
- squamous cell carcinoma
- This is the most common tumour of the conjunctiva.
- Other types of carcinomas can occur in the conjunctiva, such as basal cell carcinoma or mucoepidermoid carcinoma, but these are not very common.
- Melanoma of the conjunctiva is an uncommon cancer.
- Ocular lymphoma can affect conjunctiva of the eye.
- Lymphoma of the conjunctiva is an uncommon cancer.
Providing rides to cancer treatment
For more than 50 years, the Canadian Cancer Society’s transportation program has enabled patients to focus their energy on fighting cancer and not on worrying about how they will get to treatment.