Help save lives this holiday season
The conjunctiva is the mucous membrane on the surface of the eyeball and the inside surface of the eyelid. The 3 main types of conjunctival tumours are:
- squamous cell carcinoma
- This is the most common tumour of the conjunctiva.
- Other types of carcinomas can occur in the conjunctiva, such as basal cell carcinoma or mucoepidermoid carcinoma, but these are not very common.
- Melanoma of the conjunctiva is an uncommon cancer.
- Ocular lymphoma can affect conjunctiva of the eye.
- Lymphoma of the conjunctiva is an uncommon cancer.