The conjunctiva is the mucous membrane on the surface of the eyeball and the inside surface of the eyelid. The 3 main types of conjunctival tumours are:
- squamous cell carcinoma
- This is the most common tumour of the conjunctiva.
- Other types of carcinomas can occur in the conjunctiva, such as basal cell carcinoma or mucoepidermoid carcinoma, but these are not very common.
- Melanoma of the conjunctiva is an uncommon cancer.
- Ocular lymphoma can affect conjunctiva of the eye.
- Lymphoma of the conjunctiva is an uncommon cancer.
Facing the financial burden of cancer
The Canadian Cancer Society provides helpful information about government income programs, financial resources and other resources available to families struggling to make sense of the personal financial burden they face.