Together, we are stronger.
The conjunctiva is the mucous membrane on the surface of the eyeball and the inside surface of the eyelid. The 3 main types of conjunctival tumours are:
- squamous cell carcinoma
- This is the most common tumour of the conjunctiva.
- Other types of carcinomas can occur in the conjunctiva, such as basal cell carcinoma or mucoepidermoid carcinoma, but these are not very common.
- Melanoma of the conjunctiva is an uncommon cancer.
- Ocular lymphoma can affect conjunctiva of the eye.
- Lymphoma of the conjunctiva is an uncommon cancer.
Seeing my sister Erin – a young mother – struggle with the emotional blow and then the physical toll of cancer treatment made me want to do something to help women feel confident.
A helping hand for families
The Canadian Cancer Society helps with expenses for children in cancer treatment and their families.