Make an impact in your community by donating or registering for Relay For Life.
Symptoms of cervical cancer
Cervical cancer may not cause any signs or symptoms in its early stages. Symptoms often appear once the tumour grows into surrounding tissues and organs. Other health conditions can cause the same symptoms as cervical cancer.
The signs or symptoms of cervical cancer include:
- abnormal vaginal bleeding including between periods, after menopause and after sexual intercourse
- abnormal or increased amount of vaginal discharge
- foul-smelling vaginal discharge
- unusually long or heavy periods
- bleeding after a pelvic exam or vaginal douching
- pain during sexual intercourse
- difficulty urinating
- difficulty having a bowel movement
- leaking of urine or feces from the vagina
- pain in the pelvic area or lower back that may go down one or both legs
- leg swelling, often in one leg
- loss of appetite
- weight loss
- shortness of breath
- coughing up blood
- chest or bone pain
It was very important that the fundraiser be in honour of my uncle, because it’s a great way to show our support for him.
Reducing the burden of cancer
Canadians can help CCS fund the best research and support people living with cancer by donating and volunteering.