SUPPORT CANADIANS LIVING WITH CANCER
Anal cancer statistics
It can take several years to collect and confirm cancer data, so the number of new cancer cases and deaths from recent years may not be available for some time. The most recent data available are provided below.
Incidence and mortality
Incidence is the total number of new cases of cancer. Mortality is the number of deaths due to cancer.
The most recent incidence statistics for anal cancer are from 2010:
- 580 Canadians were diagnosed with anal cancer.
- 200 men were diagnosed with anal cancer.
- 380 women were diagnosed with anal cancer.
The most recent mortality statistics for anal cancer are from 2012:
- 99 Canadians died from anal cancer.
- 36 men died from anal cancer.
- 63 women died from anal cancer.
For more information about cancer statistics, go to the Canadian Cancer Statistics publication.
Brock has been cancer free for over a decade, thanks to the support we received from the Canadian Cancer Society.
Funding lifesaving clinical trials
The Canadian Cancer Society is funding lifesaving clinical trials that give people with cancer access to the newest types of treatment.