Together, we are stronger.
Anal cancer statistics
It can take several years to collect and confirm cancer data, so the number of new cancer cases and deaths from recent years may not be available for some time. The most recent data available are provided below.
Incidence and mortality
Incidence is the total number of new cases of cancer. Mortality is the number of deaths due to cancer.
The most recent incidence statistics for anal cancer are from 2010:
- 580 Canadians were diagnosed with anal cancer.
- 200 men were diagnosed with anal cancer.
- 380 women were diagnosed with anal cancer.
The most recent mortality statistics for anal cancer are from 2012:
- 99 Canadians died from anal cancer.
- 36 men died from anal cancer.
- 63 women died from anal cancer.
For more information about cancer statistics, go to the Canadian Cancer Statistics publication.
Providing rides to cancer treatment
For more than 50 years, the Canadian Cancer Society’s transportation program has enabled patients to focus their energy on fighting cancer and not on worrying about how they will get to treatment.