Your gift will be matched today.
Questions to ask about rehabilitation
The following are questions that you can ask the healthcare team about rehabilitation after cancer treatment. Choose the questions that fit your, or your child’s, situation and add questions of your own. You may find it helpful to take the list to the next appointment and to write down the answers.
- Will rehabilitation therapy be needed after treatment?
- What does the therapy involve?
- What are the types of rehabilitation therapy that will be needed?
- Will the cost of therapy be covered by health insurance? If not, what are the costs?
- Who will do the therapy and where?
- Are any special products or equipment needed for rehabilitation?
- Will the cost of the special products or equipment be covered by health insurance? If not, what are the costs?
- Is financial assistance available to help with costs of rehabilitation?
- What organizations or services can help with special needs?
- Will rehabilitation therapy affect my usual activities? If so, for how long?
- Will I be able to go back to work? If so, when?
- Will I need to restrict any of my work activities or duties? If so, how?
- When will my child be able to return to school?
- Will my child need to restrict any activities? If so, how?
Taking action against all cancers
The latest Canadian Cancer Statistics report found that of all newly diagnosed cancers in 2017, half are expected to be lung, colorectal, breast and prostate cancers. Learn what you can do to reduce the burden of cancer.