Questions to ask about rehabilitation
The following are questions that you can ask the healthcare team about rehabilitation after cancer treatment. Choose the questions that fit your, or your child’s, situation and add questions of your own. You may find it helpful to take the list to the next appointment and to write down the answers.
- Will rehabilitation therapy be needed after treatment?
- What does the therapy involve?
- What are the types of rehabilitation therapy that will be needed?
- Will the cost of therapy be covered by health insurance? If not, what are the costs?
- Who will do the therapy and where?
- Are any special products or equipment needed for rehabilitation?
- Will the cost of the special products or equipment be covered by health insurance? If not, what are the costs?
- Is financial assistance available to help with costs of rehabilitation?
- What organizations or services can help with special needs?
- Will rehabilitation therapy affect my usual activities? If so, for how long?
- Will I be able to go back to work? If so, when?
- Will I need to restrict any of my work activities or duties? If so, how?
- When will my child be able to return to school?
- Will my child need to restrict any activities? If so, how?
Seeing my sister Erin – a young mother – struggle with the emotional blow and then the physical toll of cancer treatment made me want to do something to help women feel confident.
Don’t miss BRA Day Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day
BRA Day is a FREE, annual event that connects you with leading breast reconstruction experts to answer all your questions
Over 30 events across Canada!