SUPPORT CANADIANS LIVING WITH CANCER
Clinical trials we are funding
Clinical trials help find new methods for diagnosing, treating, managing and preventing cancer. They examine a broad range of areas:
- new anticancer drugs, including chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, biological therapy and immunotherapy agents
- new approaches to cancer prevention, screening, surgery and radiation therapy
- new combinations of treatments
- new ways of using standard treatments
- complementary and alternative cancer therapies
- supportive care to reduce the impact of cancer on emotions and behaviour
Even the most promising scientific findings must first be proven to be safe and effective in clinical trials before they can be used as standard treatment. The cancer treatments that are used today were developed and tested in clinical trials.
Celebrating cancer survivors at Relay For Life
For cancer survivors, the Canadian Cancer Society provides a unique opportunity to celebrate their courage in the fight against cancer. During hundreds of Relay For Life events across the country, thousands of survivors join together for the Survivors’ Victory Lap.